Suzan Ghosheh / Al-Shurafa
Psychologist, Psychotherapist through psychodrama, and Founder of Nisma Psychological Counseling and Training Company. Suzan has great experience in psychotherapy and psychosocial support for women, and she has helped many women overcome their difficulties and cultivate their inner strength.
Suzan has over fifteen (15) years of experience in multiple areas:
Conducting a lot of therapeutic support groups for women.
Psychological interventions with a wide-ranging variety of women: (women suffering from the Trauma of Loss, divorce, and violence). Carrying-out trainings for mothers who are facing parenting challenges and are having difficulties communicating with their children. Holding workshops which bring together mothers and their teenage daughters to improve mother-daughter relationships and promote positive communication between them.
Working as a school Counselor for many years (enhancing life skills for children and adolescents). Training school staffs, and training psychology and social service graduates.
Suzan has deep passion for her work, and she strives to witness the impact of her interventions on the reality of the women she works with.
She highly aspires that the Nisma project would grow to reach all women in Jerusalem. In terms of her methodology in providing psychological support services, Suzan likes to keep things simple, flexible, and non-traditional. She makes sure that the services she offers match the needs of the beneficiaries, and that the beneficiary feels the strength required for making
- BA in Psychology as major, and Education as minor – Birzeit University.
- Professional Diploma in School Counseling – Birzeit University Center for Continuing Education.
- Diploma in Psychodrama – The International Association for Group Psychotherapy (IAGP).
- One-year training with a hotline for supporting women who suffer from different kinds of violence – Sawa Organization.
- Empowering Women and Promoting Women’s Skills – The British Council and The Springboard Consultancy.
- AMAN project for developing life skills and preventing sexual violence and exploitation against children and adolescents – Women’s Studies Center.
- Specialized training courses in Psychodrama – The International Association for Group Psychotherapy (IAGP).